Monday, October 22, 2012

Ocean Adventure: Part Eleven: Dismal

Dismal certainly described the day: rain, wind, rain, wind.


 
Today I visited Dismal Nitch. I love the name. I think an alternative band should adopt this name and sing depressing songs about lost love and adolescent confusion.


I've driven past Dismal Nitch many times on the way to various places, but I've never stopped and never bothered to look at the memorial. It is dedicated to Lewis and Clark who stayed at Dismal Nitch in November of 1805. Clark wrote in his journal about how dismal it was back then, too.



Since the rain was beating down on me the whole time I stayed only long enough to step in some dog shit then left. Dismal, indeed.


1 comment:

  1. So gross. That was the only deposit in the whole park. Leave it to me...

    ReplyDelete