Wednesday, January 14, 2015

My New Motto

Am I just gullible? Ignorantly courageous? Irrationally hopeful? The other day people had me convinced mixing liver in meatballs was a rational idea. So today I took a tiny sliver of liver, chopped it into microscopic bits, mixed it with some incredibly expensive hamburger, seasoned it with every herb in my cupboard, and added three different types of onions in an attempt to camouflage it into a tasty yet health new meal. WRONG. I'm pretty sure those people who suggested such an idiotic idea were laughing hysterically at my gullibility. Damn psychopaths. Just the smell alone made me want to vomit, but the horrible taste made me want to throw it all in the garbage. Which I did. What a waste. My new motto:
 
LIFE IS TO SHORT TO EAT LIVER.
 

 
I'm getting really bored with this diet....and I'm HUNGRY!

8 comments:

  1. Chicken liver is nice and yummy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Used to cook them with salt, sunflower oil, pepper and SUGAR!!! I'm wondering whether I could use maple syrup instead now.

      Delete
    2. You cooked EVERYTHING with sugar. Don't start replacing all that sugar with maple syrup or you'll be dependent on it for flavor which may be a little bit healthier, but still unnecessary.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Evelyn - you should start with chicken livers! They're milder. I now really like chicken liver (not too often). I cook it with lots of bacon :) Our fave is bacon, liver, and shredded cabbage all cooked up together. Yummy. Now I make a pate (also containing bacon), but that's not for beginners!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be the one in my family that ate the chicken liver, gizzard and heart that came with the chicken. I liked it fine. I can't FIND chicken livers. Maybe if I was willing to eat the factory farm chickens I could, but I'm not. I'm venturing out to a different town today to see if I can find some.

      Delete
  3. What liver was that in your picture? Cow? Pig?

    How about adding your heart, gizzard and liver to the chicken bone soup? (If you can find them.) Some people do that. Pork liver is nice too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cow liver which is what I call "liver" opposed to chicken liver. Pork isn't on the Hashimoto's diet because it's so toxic (pigs don't sweat toxins out of their bodies so they harbor them) so I avoid pork. Lately I've added some bacon, but that's as far as I will go with pork. I'm having a hard enough time trying to find chicken livers that aren't toxic so the other organs will be much harder.

      Delete