Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Signs of Life

I love spring! After a cold, dead winter, the plants you thought were gone miraculously sprout, sending bright green shoots of life up through the frozen soil. Flowers begin to bloom even in the middle of a snow storm and when you least expect it, the sun peaks through the clouds. It's all about life. I always thought it would be horrible to die in the spring when everything else is coming alive.

White Hyacinths

Blue Hyacinths

Daffodils

Narcissus with Chives

Apple Tree Leaves
Camillias
First Fern Uncurling

So beautiful to have everything come alive!


Just when you thought it was safe to go outside and enjoy the beauty...along comes DEATH.


My neighborhood is filled with ignorant people who believe it's their mission to kill anything that tries to grow.  This jerk dons his superhero jet pack and sprays down his whole yard every week. I have to make sure my windows are closed and stay inside the house for the rest of the day.

Stupid people really annoy me.

2 comments:

  1. That picture is terrifying! How frightening for you.

    The other pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is terrifying. ALL my neighbors spray down their yards, driveways and parking strips. And when I'm out weeding my driveway they have the nerve to come over and make jokes about it. AND we live next to a river! How stupid can these people be?

      OK, done ranting. I think I should re-name myself "Girl Annoyed." HAHAHAHA

      Delete